Friday, May 06, 2005

Love for one's language

I remember Rajiv Gandhi saying once that the enthusiasm of Indians is like the boiling milk. When the milk boils, it just puts off the fire, overflowing the container. We also tend to spoil the original purpose in our desire to protect it.

In Tamilnadu, Hindi was almost abolished. There is a heavy sentiment against anything non-Tamil. But the irony is that people who concentrated on things other than Tamil (including the ministers from Tamilnadu in the Central Cabinet) are better off. And the rule that one should speak and learn Tamil is only for the commeners.

I wonder if any body can get an idea of good things unless he / she is ready to get out and see things. I mean, unless I get an opportunity to see what good things are given to the other children, how can I decide on a gift to my own son?

If you look around, who brought Tamil to the internet or Internet to Tamil? It is only those who ventured beyond Tamil and decided that Tamil deserves nothing less. If the guys were not getting out, we would have been just complacent.

Love does not mean hatred for the others. Yes, I cannot love another woman as my wife - but definitely I can love another woman as my mother! There cannot be any clashes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home