Monday, May 23, 2005

I slept with....

I was in Hyderabad recently to attend the marriage of the daughter of an ex-Colleague. No, this posting is not about how hot it is. (Oh....I realize that the title of the post is 'hot' - though it is a different hot; OK, it is about neither 'this hot' nor 'that hot').

I selected a hotel based on an internet search. It was an AC room - and AC was a necessary condition to be satisfied in Hyderabad during that time. The hotel receptionist was a nice chap. (In fact, he collected a higher advance on my credit card - and returned the unsed portion in cash! Wow - either they are great guys or simply do not understand the implications of such transactions, since credit card refunds are normally given only to the credit card back.)

I am digressing, may be, as usual.

In the night, I thought I had a good sleep; until at least, when suddenly I realized that somebody gave a smooth caress on my back. I got up with a start and switched on the light. There was none; there was nothing. May be, the 'cross belt' that I wear should have slipped on the back, giving a sensation! I went to sleep again, switching off the light.

Next the caress was on my right leg. The same sequence again - still there is no one. I got a bit scared. All ghost movies, including the recent 'Chandramukhi' that I have seen in my life ran to the full screen in my mind. I know, I do not believe in ghosts. But, then I also know that even if I do not believe in them, they are supposed to bring dangers to me.

Next time, my head followed the back and the leg. The same sequence - since, I still had some courage left.

Was it a small biting sensation in my finger on the left hand? That was too much. I got up with a jolt and this time, I should have switched on the light much quicker than the earlier times.

(Up to this point is actually what happened; what follows is my imagination since I needed a reason to find out why it happened).

Next morning, as I was checking out, I saw a notice behind the receptionist. I should have missed it the previous day. He realized that I was seeing the notice, he started explaining things with full excitement. There is an offer, Sir...some kind of a raffle....if your name comes up in the list, we give you a PC Sir. PC, you know, the computer.

Oh, interesting, really.

But the PC is supposed to come in instalment. Naturally, the hotel people want to increase the number of stays. So, each of the stays qualifies for a raffle and each time you may get different parts of the PC.

Suddenly, it made clear sense for me. So, I should have won a very interesting part of a PC this time.

The Mouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home